[ts-gen] create & modify orders

Nils Gebhardt mail at ngebhardt.de
Tue Apr 15 16:32:36 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am still struggeling with the transition from old to new wire command
format.

> > ... In the most recent 'bin/includes' are commands of the form:
>
> >           create item  12 3 LMT 2 50.0  0.0;
>
> >   ... previously the "12"    ^^  was not present.  My understanding is
> > that this is a limit order to buy 2 lots of AIG at price 50.0; and
> > that it's AIG because it references row "3" in the "Template" table,
> > which in turn (pid=2) references row 2 in the "Position" table: this
> > ultimately deriving its entries from risk.sql.  But I'm not sure about
> > the "12".
>
> You noted that the contract id of 12, for AIG, was previously not present,
> and that it is currently redundant, both true.  It is needed currently,
> however, to keep the parser happy; and in the future for semantics as
> well, since the current line item index will be replaced with an order
> Template record specifier in its place.

Seems to be clear. However, all I get is - for example  for ext/wire

 Scan: 14 17 0 <LMT>
  2 Term: mod TmpK       (nil)
  3    Grammar rule: Terminal (TmpK)
  4    Grammar rule: Compound (mod)
  5    Syntax error:
  6    Cursor state: match; text is:
  7    create item 1 LMT 2 40.00 0.0;
  8    -----------------^------------
  9    Grammar rule: Compound (create)
 10    Syntax error:
 11    Cursor state: match; text is:
 12    create item 1 LMT 2 40.00 0.0;
 13    -----------------^------------
 14    Scan: 12 13 1 <1>
 15    Term: submit TmpK       (nil)
 16    Grammar rule: Terminal (TmpK)
 17    Grammar rule: Compound (submit)
 18    Syntax error:
 19    Cursor state: match; text is:
 20    submit item 1;
 22    Terminal tag: name:TmpK index:3

exs/wire looks slightly different as the bin/include "unsafe" functions.
I tried different combinations, all the same output. Database is freshly
set up and has the required items in Templates and Position tables.
Any hints?

regards

Nils