[ts-gen] create & modify orders

Bill Pippin pippin at owlriver.net
Wed Apr 16 14:40:54 EDT 2008

Oops!

The create statement in the example I gave, from exs/bind, is wrong:

>     bind key(take-pos) to oid(1);
>     bind key(exit-pos) to oid(2);
>
>     create item take-pos LMT 2 35.00 0.0;		wait 1;
>     submit item take-pos;				wait 1;

The correct form, as I mentioned in the surrounding text, should
include a contract id:

>     bind key(take-pos) to oid(1);
>     bind key(exit-pos) to oid(2);
>
>     create item 12 take-pos LMT 2 40.00 0.0;		wait 1;
>     submit item    take-pos;				wait 1;

Thanks to Paul for the off-list message with the correction.
You can probably tell that, with the database changes in full
swing and my test framework therefore broken, that I didn't
actually test exs/bind before posting it.  The text from
bin/includes was, however, working last week before I began
adding the new symbol relations to the database, in the sense
that orders were received by the IB tws.  Sometimes rejected
because the limit price was so far away from the NBBO, but
at least received.

I look forward to getting the shim refactored to connect with the
new database design.  Working with the regression test framework
broken is discomforting.   The improved symbology will, however,
be worth it.

Thanks,

Bill