[ts-gen] exs/risk.rb : "select open; " and "select exec AAPL 9:00:00; "

Ken Feng kfmfe04 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 10:24:09 EDT 2009

In the exs/risk.rb file, does anyone know what these shim commands do?

  open = "select open;"
  exec = "select exec AAPL 9:00:00;"

I would hazard to guess that it delays the execution of the commands
until 9:00:00, but that seems unlikely in the context of an
interpreter that executes the program line-by-line.

Does it have anything to do with the opening shim line executed in Ruby?

  Shim = IO.popen("./shim --risk file save diff join", "w");

I'm also not sure what "file save diff join" means here...

- Ken