[ts-gen] multiple shims, client id's

Ken Feng kfmfe04 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 18:31:56 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

Thank you for implementing this.
I just downloaded shim-20080824.tgz, and verified that it's working great.

My only question is, the ClientID key-value pair in .shimrc appears to
be neglected.  When I change it to:

ClientId        3

I get this when I try to bring up a new ./shim --data:

Maps:    1

          The trading shim has connected to the database server and
          loaded  51620 products.

Problem: 422 the client id  1 has not yet been released

                                    The IB tws offered api level 45,
          and connection negotiation resulted in an api level of 23
          and a client id of  2.  A query shows the account code to
          be XXXXXX.  Program initialization has been completed.

Now, I actually prefer your implementation where you increment client
id internally and post a warning "Problem: 422...", but I was
wondering, does this implementation render the ClientID entry in
.shimrc obsolete or does that ClientID refer to something else?

- Ken