[ts-gen] 20090824 exception thrown ...

Bill Pippin pippin at owlriver.net
Tue Aug 25 20:17:07 EDT 2009

Ken,

> I am running into an exception throw in 090824 on jaunty amd64,
> while doing select bars.  The same code was working fine from Ruby
> in 090807.

Yes, the debug releases from Friday and Monday are problematic.  I'm
not surprised you're seeing problems.

> Please let me know if there is a workaround or if I should code
> things up differently.

Please try today's tarball if you don't want to roll back to
the 11th.  From the NEWS:

      * ... warnings ... about the unfinished nature of the Fri
        090821 and Mon 090824 releases.  For those who are using
        one of those --- they were only debug releases --- and do
        not want to roll back to Tue 090811, please consider
        downloading today's (Tue) 090825 release.  It fixes a known
        bug from yesterday.

For those who are more cautious, please wait until Friday's release.
Monday's was really just for Nils, and each one this week so far has
included improvements from that point, although as Ken has indicated,
the Monday tarball is definitely broken.  To the best of my knowledge,
today's works fine, though the code is very much in progress.

Thanks,

Bill