[ts-general] Adding new Contacts to the data files

David tshim at allone.org
Fri Sep 28 14:48:04 EDT 2012

Good day!

I was wondering how to update the shim data files (found in
data-100614.tgz) with new contracts. I would like to be able to watch
some of the newer contracts since 2010 (and no not just fb) !

So I ran into this great open source utility,
IBContractExtractor  http://sourceforge.net/projects/ibcontractextra/
that worked fine for me to pull down all the IB contract information.
The info is not in the same format that the current shim data files.

Since there has been changes between shim versions, I have some questions:

1) For the latest version, I can just update the A0*.sql files with
the new contracts?

2) If not what is the correct way to do it?

3) If updating the A0* files is the way to go for the latest release,
instead of re-inventing the wheel, has anybody found a method, or
written anything to update the A0*.sql files? Has anybody done so for
IBContractExtrator?

Thanks so much!